Today I hired a hike and cycled to the coast- to a spot called New Brighton...it is a long sandy beach, with lots of shells (bigger than the one we usually get In England! And I also saw a seal! It was basking with its whiskers aloft. I don't know if this is a regular occurrence or not. I spoke to an Australian lady who also did not know. We decided not to get too close just in case. I also saw a jellyfish.
I then went and sorted my coach travel for the next few days, and had a look around the botanical gardens. There were some very interesting plants in the greenhouse, and lots of daffodils and blossom outside-very strange that it's spring here! Then I took shelter in the museum as an epic deluge hit, and it got really windy, extremely suddenly.... I've heard NZ can do this, and now I fully believe it!
Theeeeeen I went to see a show, as Christchurch has an arts festival on at the moment (how opportune!) it was AMAZING, there were seven performers plus a musician doing all kinds of circus based acrobatics...memorable moments being a girl doing the splits with a foot each on two men's heads....who in turn were standing on the shoulders of two other men...yikes! And a man solving a Rubix cube whilst balancing on a pole on his head. And all kinds of incredible flips and spins, and skipping with a human as the rope! Glad I chanced to see that!
I've continued taking photos, but as before, most shall be saved until I get back (or I use a proper computer to upload!) here's altitude sample though...
Woo woo!
ReplyDelete