As you can see, these pictures are not of horses! The horsey pictures are on my camera I'm afraid, as I didn't want to get my phone rained on. these are of a nice bird I saw on a walk this morning. Thought its feet were unexpectedly duck-like for a fluffy looking thing. My walk took me around the shops in town, and along lake front.
I was picked up by the bus at 1.30 to go to the stables for horse riding. There should have been five of us on this trip, but it turned out a group of three had accidentally booked the wrong month...oops! So there was just myself and another girl. It was a two hour ride for people of any level of riding experience...both of us were beginners so that's good. Only problem was the Other girl had an extremely low level of English, so she wasn't really able to follow instructions (slightly problematic!) luckily this stables was extremely relaxed in comparison with other places I've tried horse riding. They pretty much sat you on a horse, said this is start, this is stop, this is left and this is right. And off we went! The horses knew to follow in a line anyway so it wasn't too technically challenging.the guide was a lovely friendly lady and we chatted lots on the way round. We waded through rivers, deep enough to get wet feet (we had borrowed wellies luckily!), and saw the misty mountains from Lord of the Rings, and the mountains of isengard down the valley. Then back to the hostel with sore bums and knees for pasta, and another wander in to town before bed! last day in queenstown tomorrow, so I'm heading up the gondola (cable car) for a walk, hopefully it won't be too rainy. My cold (I tentatively dare to think) is improving at last, hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment