Went for morning tea at the British embassy, which was great...felt like we were celebrities for the day. They were all really friendly and interested in what we do (4 British contestants were there) so we did lots of chatting and sharing tips with some local students who were also invited. Afterwards we were driving back to town, and I asked to be dropped at the botanical gardens to have a look round... All very nice. They cover quite a steep hill, and a cable car goes to get top (this is where I got dropped off) and you can wander down the gardens back into town.
Then I met up with a friend of my sisters, Bethany, who showed me round the museum and shared some local insights. Was great to have her to show me around as it's such a huge museum you could spend half the time trying to figure out which bits to see. Then we had a piece of cake and I returned to the hotel to prepare for the evening. Was exciting to get dressed up, and I was pleased to see several designers had outfits, or accesories, to match their garments on stage (which is what I had done too!). the show was great once again, Nd the awards were somewhat nerve wracking even though I hadn't gone with any expectation of winning anything (which I didn't). Feeling throughly fuelled with ideas, and definelty thinking of entering again...I need to raise my game!
I spoke to a lady from the wardrobe department on the show who said that at least twice as many garments were sent to New Zealamd as were used in the show...which makes me all the more proud to have been in it at all :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment