Wednesday, 23 September 2015

World of wearable art, 23rd and on to Wellington!

This morning I just about had time to visit the world of wearable art museum in Nelson, before making my way to Wellington.it was very extremely exciting to see some previous entries and winners close up, and to watch some film footage of previous shows. It looks like such a spectacular show, I'm so excited to have been allowed to be a part of it! Slightly overwhelming in that so many amazing outfits have been created already, that trying to think of ideas that have never been done before, or coming up with something that will make the judges say "wow, that's different!" Is rather a daunting prospect! (This competition has been running since the year I was born-1987, that's many years of incredible outfits) Whether they think that of mine or not, I'm just very grateful to be a part of this show, and can't wait to see how they choose to stage my angel.
I'm now in Wellington, after a relatively calm ferry crossing. I feared it wouldn't be so, as the weather at the other end was extremely windy and rainy, but I found a sofa in the middle of the boat, and curled up and it was fine! Phew. The Rydges hotel, where I have been put up by Wellington City Council (how very nice!) is somewhat posher than the hostels I've been used to...and to have a whole room to myself is such a treat! I've spilled the contents of my rucksack everywhere...and most importantly hung my dress for awards night up to get the creases out. My room is supplied with an iron if needs be, as well as TV, microwave, fridge, mini bar (must resist the chocolate!) oh what luxury! There's a swimming pool and sauna downstairs too, but that shall have to wait as it's an early start tomorrow for 'designers day' meeting the other contestants from around the world, and having presentations and workshops. Which I'll tell you more about tomorrow!

1 comment: